Thursday, December 31, 2015

The Year of Goals

Did I set any goals this year? I don't think I did. As a matter of fact, I think I just allowed myself to be carried along by the tidal wave that was 2015. I would have been too busy to accomplish any goals anyway. Actually, I did set one: to read 25 books for my Goodreads Reading Challenge. As of today, I still need to finish two more to make the goal. I'm trying to get that done today as I cook, clean, and prepare for guests tonight.

With this year behind me, I do plan to make 2016 a year of goals. Actually, I had dreams of setting goals last night, so I think God may be telling me something. My prayer is that 2016 will be the year of positive change in my creative and professional life. I recognize the need, and now I need to act and move in that direction. Along with finishing a new novel, continuing to edit for Pelican, and possibly starting up my own business, I really want to make my spiritual life a priority as well. My prayer time and Bible reading have really gone by the wayside since September, so those must move to the top of my list.

What goals (if any) have you set for yourself this year?


3 comments:

  1. I love a fresh year and fresh starts. I'm up early while my family is still asleep (yay!) getting my 2016 calendar ready and prepping a number of things for the new year. Goals are taking form in my mind. I need to get them down on paper today.
    I'm praying for you about your wanting to make changes this year. What kind of business are you considering starting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lisa, I'm hoping to start up an editing service. Like you, I have to think about goals for a while...

      Delete
  2. To keep writing. That's all we can really control, right? But long term, I want to be able to make more money writing books and less money writing blog posts and articles for clients, so I'm working on something that hopefully will move me in the right direction to do that!

    ReplyDelete