Friday, October 10, 2014

My Favorite Things Friday: Bogle Phantom


It’s the second week of the month, so as promised, this week’s favorite thing will feature a wine I particularly enjoy. This month (because it’s October, of course) I’m going to feature Bogle’s red wine blend, Phantom.



I was introduced to this wine about eight years ago, and although I don’t come across it as often as I used to, I buy it when I see it.
Bogle is a Northern California vineyard that produces and widely distributes all kinds of varietals from light whites to heavy red zinfandels. For a label that mass produces, Bogle’s wines are really quite tasty. For a table wine, I often buy their Old Vine Zinfandel, but I really love this one:

 




If you appreciate fruit-forward wine with flavors of rich berries and cherries with a little pepper and a lingering finish, this wine may satisfy your palate. Aged 24 months in American oak, this blend of  Petite Sirah, Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Mourvedre is ruby red in color—beautiful to behold and taste.
 

Happy Friday everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this winery or wine; I'll have to look for it at the store tomorrow. Sounds like a good one! Enjoy the weekend.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I was just saying the other day that I lived in Northern California for 8 years and never went to Napa. I'm kicking myself now. I haven't ventured too far past the moscatos but I might have to give this a shot. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh great wine for a spooky month--presentation-wise, anyway!

    ReplyDelete