Friday, September 4, 2015

Favorite Things Friday: War Room



My husband and I only go to the movies once or twice a year. It's far too expensive, and there's rarely anything we want to see anyway. Occasionally we catch a decent film on Netflix or On Demand, but that's hit or miss too.

If you're like us and you only see one movie this year, go see War Room. Life changing, faith-affirming, bridge-building, heart-string-pulling, exhilirating, encouraging, humorous, and good.  I've never been in a movie theater where the audience cheered at the end. And if they hadn't, I would have cheered anyway. There have been stories and video footage from theaters all over the nation of spontaneous prayer and praise breaking out in the lobby after the film.

This is another film by the Kendrick brothers, the same people who produced Facing the Giants and Fireproof, except Sony is involved now, and this is top-notch movie making. Gone are the shaky acting and amateur film-editing; this is right up there with the quality of any other Hollywood movie. But even if it wasn't, I wouldn't care. The message is so strong, so hard-hitting that the quality hardly matters. Prayer changes things. Prayer is powerful. God is ABLE. Pull out your shield of faith. That's pretty much the gist of it, and it is stand-up-and-praise-the-Lord powerful.

I'm not even going to summarize the plot; I'm just going to ask you to watch the trailer. Then go see the movie. You'll never regret it.

 

4 comments:

  1. I have heard good things about this movie; maybe we'll catch it this weekend :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband was saying a couple of weeks ago that we never go to the movies anymore. So Saturday night came and I said, "Let's go to the movies." He said, "Why don't we just stay home and watch something on TV?" I don't know why...it just always seems like so much trouble! We'll go out to eat, then come home and hang out. In my younger years, going to the movies was one of my favorite things. Funny how you become more of a homebody as you get older. Or maybe it's that there are SO many great options for watching movies at home now that we didn't have when we were younger. You don't even have to go to the video store anymore to get a great movie to watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand, Stephanie. We are such homebodies too. Other than going out to eat, we rarely go out. As I get older, I find I prefer to be at home than anywhere else.

      Delete