Friday, March 13, 2015

Favorite Things Friday: Best Wine of the Month!

A few weeks ago when my stepfather came to town for a visit, we had the privilege of attending Total Wine's Napa and Beyond wine class. If you like wine and haven't had a chance to attend a Total Wine class tasting, I highly recommend them. I also recommend you sign up early as they fill up quickly. The classes only cost $20 and include tastings of around 8-10 wines (a mixture of white and red), and an assortment of cheese, meat, breads, and antipasto.

Although there were many excellent wines in the mix that day, the best by far was the last (and most expensive at $60), cabernet sauvignon, Chappellet 2012.

www.chappellet.com


If you've ever experienced that feeling of your eyes rolling back in your head when you taste a really good wine, then you'll have some hint of what it's like to sample this jewel. Dark cherries roll across the palate like velvet, accompanied by smokey plum and blackberries. Lush and rich, the flavors burst forth in a kaleidoscope of flavors--assaulting the senses in the most pleasurable way possible. What can I say, but ....oh, wow!

Chappellet comes from the Chappellet family vineyards in Napa, California, where they've produced wines since 1969.

If you buy one wine this month, make it the Chappellet Cabernet Sauvignon. Your tastebuds will thank you for it!
(My stepfather and I happily savoring Chappellet Cabernet Sauvignon 2012)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun thing to do! I'm not sure they have something like that here, I'll have to look into it! Oh my gosh, that wine does sound good! I usually drink the cheap stuff except for special occasions, and when I get a good wine, it is truly delightful. Sounds like that one would indeed be delightful!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a special occasion wine for sure Betty, but it's also completely worth it!

      Delete