Friday, May 13, 2016

Exciting Announcements and News

The last couple of weeks have been filled with unexpected and wonderful blessings. First of all, my newest novel, Suburban Dangers, which deals with the topic of sex trafficking, has been contracted by Pelican Book Group. I am so excited about this because of the subject matter and its importance, but also because I started writing the story in January of 2015, and it has evolved from a five-character narration mixing first- and third-person point of view into a story that focuses on two characters in third-person POV. There is now much more emphasis on the young victim.

I'll keep everyone posted on this news.


The second bit of news, equally exciting, is that Captives is a finalist for the 2016 Selah Awards in the Women's Contemporary category. I am joined by extraordinary writers, Marie Wells Coutu for her novel, Thirsting for More, and Cynthia Ruchti and her novel, As Waters Gone By.


http://www.amazon.com/Captives-Megan-Whitson-Lee/dp/1519180713/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1463142387&sr=8-1&keywords=Megan+Whitson+Lee








http://www.amazon.com/Thirsting-More-Mended-Vessels-2/dp/1938092805/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1463141676&sr=8-1&keywords=Marie+Wells+Coutu







http://www.amazon.com/As-Waters-Gone-Cynthia-Ruchti/dp/1426787278/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1463142197&sr=8-3&keywords=Cynthia+Ruchti


Just last year I was sitting in the Selah Awards banquet at the Blue Ridge Mountain Christian Writers' Conference thinking what a wonderful honor to be nominated and/or receive a Selah Award. Last Wednesday, I was shocked to open my email and see a message of Congratulations announcing Captives as a finalist. This was an unexpected blessing, indeed!



More on both of these announcements in the near future.


Next weekend I will be attending the conference in North Carolina, and I am excited to see what God does there in terms of bringing new people into my life, teaching me tools for writing and marketing, and reminding me of His spiritual truths.


I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!



5 comments:

  1. How exciting on both accounts!! Your new book sounds very interesting! I'll have to read it when it comes out.

    Congrats on the nomination for Captives. That indeed was a very good book on such a relevant topoic these days.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I am so happy for you! Congratulations! God is truly blessing your very important works. I can't wait to read your newest book! I pray your time at the conference is productive and inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! I'm looking forward to heading to Asheville next weekend.

      Delete
  3. You are on FIRE. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete