Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Z is for Zorba: the Wandering Bakery


I love entrepreneurs. My dad has owned his own business for years, and I’ve always admired him for having the courage and ambition to pursue his dreams. Now he does what he loves, and it has inspired me to want to do the same.

Therefore, when I learned that my good friend, Elvira Papajianne Garnett, started up her own business during a time in her life when many are retiring to Florida, I was so very proud of her. I used to sit in Elvira's dining room every week and partake in all of the wonderful Greek pastries she made. Now folks in the DC area get to do the same!
Baklava Pieces In Plate


The Wandering Zorba bakes all of the scrumptious Greek deserts you would expect ,such as baklava and kourabiedes, as well as savory delights like spanakopita and cheese pies. Elvira started the traveling bakery with her son, and they started out selling at local farmer’s markets and catering to local businesses. Now, they've attracted the interests of cooking and farming celebrities the Beekman boys who have featured The Wandering Zorba on their website.

Previously Elvira’s goodies were only available in the cozy confines of her kitchen, but now she can be found wandering to places such as Annandale Farmer’s Market, Del Rey Farmer’s Market, and West End Farmer’s Market in the D.C. area.

If you want to view some of her mouth-watering yummies, check out her website.

2 comments:

  1. I think anyone who has an idea for a business and works hard to make it happen is to be commended. That takes a lot of courage, at any age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look good! It takes a lot of time and dedication to run a business!

    ReplyDelete