Monday, April 27, 2015

A to Z Blog Challenge: W is for Winding Down



I don't know about you guys, but I'm exhausted! I'm not used to blogging every day (I usually only do it on Friday for Favorite Things Friday), and between dealing with my full time job, coming up with alphabet-related topics, and trying to finish a manuscript to take with me to a writer's conference next month, I'm spent. W could also stand for worn out.

I've really enjoyed reading everyone's posts, meeting new bloggers, and revisiting my old friends from last year. I feel like I've learned some new things, visited some interesting and beautiful places, and collected some new recipes for my repertoire (thank you, Jerralea!).

There were several days in there when I thought...hmmm...I may not be able to finish this challenge, or maybe I'll just wait and post today's letter tomorrow. But somehow I've managed to keep on track.

How about you? How have you found this year's blog challenge? Did you find it challenging to keep up?

I'll leave off today with a "W" song. The lyrics aren't that nice, but I do love the song...

11 comments:

  1. Worn out, dragged out, done in--so glad to see the finish line looming. I love the challenge, but my April was pretty fraught with other responsibilities too, and it's hard to squeeze out the time to do everything well. Next year I'm pre-writing my posts to give me more time to blog hop and comment. Or so I'm thinking now...

    Love the Linda Ronstadt song. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Gotta love Linda! I agree with you, Kern. Next year I'm prewriting.

      Delete
  2. Yes! Its been tough this year. I didn't prewrite like last year and I tackled it solo (last year Amanda wrote half of the posts). I have a new found respect for anyone who does this by themselves.

    Sean at His and Her Hobbies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess that's why they call it a challenge!

      Delete
  3. I loved every minute of it and would love to keep going. But I had all my posts written and scheduled ahead. That helps tremendously!

    Sunni
    http://sunni-survivinglife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's the key, Sunni. That is what I will do next year!

      Delete
  4. I am a bit weary, LOL. I had a great plan to getting everything done and then work put us on mandatory overtime for the majority of April which threw everything off. I'm glad I had prewritten. I wanted to visit more blogs but time just ran out.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to bow out of the challenge but it was fun while it lasted. A couple of people that I featured even commented on my blog, so I got a hoot out of that! But I definitely understand you feeling bogged down at this point. Almost there, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed your great posts, Quanie! Oh well, there's always next year!

      Delete
  6. Totally agree. I blog 5 days a week and I didn't change that for the challenge, but it's been difficult making time to visit blogs and comment every day as well. My days were already pretty packed before the April challenge! It's been fun though! I've had a lot of fun getting to read so many different blogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a great time too, Mandy. But it's been so difficult juggling everything.

      Delete