Tuesday, April 28, 2015

A-Z Blog Challenge: X is for Xerox Machines


At the school where I work, we have five of these (and they are not necessarily of the Xerox brand).

Copy Lady


On any given day, one, two, or zero of photocopiers may be working. It is rare for all to work at once.
Every morning I join lines of frustrated teachers, waiting for their turn at a copy machine that jams, runs out of toner, or breaks down all together. I've witnessed teachers nearly coming to blows over people making too many copies, taking too long, or hogging the machine.

The school recently bought a photocopier worth thousands and thousands of dollars, and that's the very machine always out of service.

But I guess there's a machine of frustration in every place of business.



Have you ever been frustrated by business equipment--namely, copy machines?

4 comments:

  1. We had a xerox machine at work and it was always jamming and it would take 3 service trips for them to replace the part I told them to replace the first go round. That was our frustrating piece of business equipment. Now we have a different brand and it has been a pleasure to use.

    Sean at His and Her Hobbies

    ReplyDelete
  2. How true that is! A machine of frustration in every place of business. When I worked in an office the machines were always breaking down. This is a good topic for X.

    Sunni
    http://sunni-survivinglife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its been years since I worked in an office type setting but I would get frustrated when the copy machine was down. Now I get frustrated in internet goes down :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Betty. If it's not one thing it's something else!

      Delete