Thursday, April 23, 2015

A to Z Challenge: T is for Throwback Thursday



Okay, so I've never participated in a "Throw-back Thursday" and this seemed like the perfect opportunity to do so. Otherwise, I was going to post a T for Tired blog today, as I'm running out of steam this week.

So here it is!


How old was I? Around eleven. Yes, I was completely obsessed with the movie, Annie, which had just come out, and I was even more obsessed with getting the part in our local production of the musical. I got the part of an orphan, Duffy, but my good friend got the part of Annie. She was much better than I would have been in the role.

My grandmother made the dress for me. I wish I still had either the dress or the genuine, trade-marked heart-shaped Annie locket I was wearing (complete with missing half). Alas, they are probably in a vintage clothing store or a relic museum somewhere. Ha!

8 comments:

  1. You were (and still are) beautiful. And it's so funny, when I saw that dress, "Annie" was the first thing I thought...yet it looks much better on you than it does on any Annie. Your grandmother did a great job on the dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet of you, Stephanie. Thanks, but I always felt like a gawky girl...

      Delete
  2. How sweet! Love how your grandmother made the dress!! I agree with what Stephanie said, you were (and still are) beautiful!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Betty. Very sweet of you. My grandmother made me so many wonderful clothes.

      Delete
  3. Look at you, so adorable in your Annie gear! Your grandmother did a great job with that dress.
    It's funny isn't it, how it's so hard to recognize the importance of certain belongings until years later--and then we regret getting rid of them. Maybe the moral of this story is that we should never throw anything out? Or... perhaps not. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe!
    I was in the choir when my school did Annie. It was loads of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We normally participate in the Throwback Thursday but took a break in April for the A-Z challenge.

    Sean at His and Hobbies

    ReplyDelete