Saturday, April 23, 2016

T is for Ten Years and Counting

I am participating in the 2016 A-to-Z Blog Challenge. My theme is the music of my life.


After many years of fruitless searching, in 2006 I finally met the man who would become my husband. We met on eHarmony, just when I was ready to throw in the towel for good. In fact, I had to force myself to sign up for the online service again that February. I felt like God was prompting me to do it, but I experienced no enthusiasm about it.

In March, I got a message from Stephen about meeting up. He wasn't really interested in just chatting online forever and thought it would be best if we grabbed dinner one night to see if there was an attraction. It was early April when we finally had our first date at a nearby restaurant, and there was an immediate connection on both sides. Stephen worked for the same school district I worked for, but he was a motion graphic designer for the technology center. He was also a talented musician and played bass, guitar, and piano. This was a bonus, as we were able to play music together--I sang and harmonized with him on Eagles tunes like "Peaceful Easy Feeling" and "Wild Horses" (The Sundays version).







We were engaged by July and married in October of that year. We will celebrate our tenth anniversary this October...

I was thirty-four when I finally met Stephen, and he was well worth the waiting, longing, and heartbreak that led up to our marriage.

Sometimes the delayed blessings are the best ones.




5 comments:

  1. Such a sweet picture of you guys! I like that he wanted to "go for it" and not spend time online chatting back and forth. It was definitely a "match made in heaven".

    wishing you lots of years together!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, what a sweet wedding picture. Some of the best things in life require patience...and it looks like the waiting paid off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know a few couples who met their match on eHarmony and match.com and I'm glad that online dating worked out for you. You two look very happy in that wedding picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your statement about delayed blessings. They are indeed the best. :)

    JEN Garrett

    ReplyDelete